Assistant Events Manager
- Support the Director of Sales to plan effectively and identify opportunities for events based on market needs.
- Communicate with the Associate Director of Sales and Marketing as well as General Manager to ascertain their precise event requirements.
- Produce detailed proposals for events. (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Planning the program for the event – Convention, workshops, training, celebration, incentive trips, entertainment, etc.
- Responsible for all event budgets from start to finish. The Assistant Events Manager leads to make important decisions on the allocation of event funds.
- Manage supplier relationships in areas of venue management, event management, caterers, translators, travel agencies, service providers, contractors and equipment hire.
- Securing and booking a suitable venue or location, planning room layouts and the agenda, identifying and securing speakers or special guests and coordinating venue management, entertainment, designers, contractors and equipment hire as required by the event.
- Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings.
- Organize facilities for transportation, accommodation (if needed), logistics and security.
- Liaising with the Sales Team and Marketing Executives to promote the event;
- Liaising with the Marketing Team to create a brand for the event and organizing the production of tickets, posters, catalogs and sales brochures.
- Preparing, coordinating and assembling power point presentations.
- Preparing information packets, training materials and door gifts.
- Coordinating suppliers, staff, handling queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
- Providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to the team.
- Overseeing the pre-set up, set up and dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently.
- Conduct effective post-event evaluation. (including data entry, analysis and producing reports for the management).
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Management.
- 5 – 10 years working experience in event planning and organization.
- Able to work in fast paced environment on strict deadlines and spend time on-site at different types of locations, including hotels, convention centers or offices.
- Self-initiated, detail oriented and well organized.
- Able to handle multiple tasks effectively & efficiently under pressure.
- Able to work and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to manage objections with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage projects or events independently. Good with budgets.
- Able to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Candidate must possess at least a Diploma or Bachelor’s or Professional Degree in Business Administration, or any other related field.
Interested candidates kindly send your updated CV to email@example.com.
For more updates of job opportunities:
Like us at our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/SixDegreeConsulting.
Follow our LinkedIn Page: LinkedIn – Six Degree Consulting (Executive Search & Payroll)