Head of Academy & Program – College (Singapore)
- Contribute and support to the General Manager with leadership, management, and strategic development of the Institutions particularly provide leadership and performance management in academic delivery and development
- Review the direction and plan out KPIs for the Academic department managed against corporate plans, revenue and budget
- Provide overall strategic, operational and academic leadership and management of Academic programmes and to develop and line-manage staff within the Academic department.
Lead, formulate and control the process of Academic and technical policy development and planning whilst implementing continuous improvement processes in line with any regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Lead the introduction of new academic programs into the Institution
- Assure the quality of Programs and Qualifications to deliver full Committee for Private Education (CPE) and other regulatory compliance
- Ensure obligations in relations with CPE are delivered by the respective team
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing risks inherent to the academic and technical areas of the business. Formulate, implement, administer, and evaluate risk management strategies to efficiently and cost-effectively manage those risks.
- Oversee the periodic review of existing qualifications and program
- Diligently review new proposals against procedures
- Oversee product development – short courses, academics
- Monitor the development, improvement and maintenance of syllabuses, including assessment and documentations, to ensure delivery of high quality examinations and program in accordance to published operating standards
- Lead academic committees to support the objective of quality academic and governance services that provide business continuity.
- Oversee academic appeals process
- Lead, train, schedule and recruit academic and short course lecturers and tutors
- Lead the academic department for technology changes and enhancement required in the business transformation projects
- Lead the development of online teaching delivery and assessment platform with implementation of existing and new programs
- Keep abreast of development of Education policy and provide input to the institution
- Keep abreast of good practice in the field of academic advancement in other leading institutions and assess the direction of Singapore Government’s, CPE, and other public and private bodies’ policies in respect of these areas of activties and the potential implications on institutions’ business directions
- Provide excellence support in the development and management of university partnerships/collaborations, progressions, and articulation of agreements as well as the delivery of top-up degrees
- Drive process improvement initiatives and manage costs within budget
- Foster effective communication and positive working relationships among cross functional and cross border teams
- Represent institution at local and global forums and industry events as required to expand network, generate leads, and build market presence
- Undertake such other duties as may be deemed necessary from time to time
- Candidate must possess a Master’s or higher degree – ideally in business or IT
- Teaching qualification or postgraduate qualification or experience in Assessment or Testing
- Experience in rapidly changing education sector and demonstrate educational knowledge and leadership experience to transform institutions to meet the challenges of the future both academically and operationally to deliver measurable improvements
- Significant and relevant work at a senior level in an awarding body or Higher Education Institutions in a technical role in examinations or assessment delivery
- Significant experience in compliance and in delivering high-performing services within regulated frameworks
- Experience in product development in curricula, qualifications, examinations or assessments
- Experience in delivering changes effectively across multi-functional teams
- Evidence of building relationships at a senior level in government bodies, universities or schools
- Proven ability to manage high-performing teams and motivate independent-minded staff
Interested candidates kindly send your updated CV to email@example.com.
For more updates of job opportunities:
Like us at our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/SixDegreeConsulting.Paragraph
Follow our LinkedIn Page: LinkedIn – Six Degree Consulting (Executive Search & Payroll)