PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
This Notice is given in connection with your application for employment with/through us or with your current employment with/through us, as the case may be.
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Six Degree Consulting Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as “Six Degree Consulting”, “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act.
(1) This written notice and the terms hereof (“Notice”) serve to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of Six Degree Consulting and your personal data was, or may be collected in the future, from the information you have provided us in the Employee Application Form, any other Six Degree Consulting forms that you have been asked to complete, together with other information we may obtain about you, including but not limited to from your referees, from oral or written communications.
(2) The personal data processed by us may include your name, national identity card number, contact number, address, photograph(s), and other information that we have requested for in our forms that you have completed including your sensitive personal data such as your salary details, religion, health condition and criminal record (if any).
(3) If you had failed or you fail to supply to us the above personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the purposes. In addition, if you subsequently withdraw your consent to process your personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for all of the purposes.
(4) We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide to us, for the purpose of assessing your suitability of employment with us and/or to the clients which we are representing, performing the contract of service, personnel administration, training and management purposes, purposes related to a benefit provided to you as an employee or candidate of Six Degree Consulting, performing such other contract as may have been entered into between you and us or with our clients and such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing (“Purposes”).
(5) Your personal data will be disclosed to our clients, subsidiaries, related and/or associated company, licensees, business partners, all governmental and/or quasi-governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies, such as but not limited to the Inland Revenue Board, the Employees’ Provident Fund Board, the Social Security Organisation and Bank Negara Malaysia, our auditors or our banks, business partners and/or service providers and any other party requested or authorized by you for the above purpose or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purposes directly related to any of the above Purposes.
(6) Further, your personal data may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia for the above Purposes.
(7) You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date. You may access and request for correction of your personal data and/or to limit the processing of your personal data, or make any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, by informing us through our email, email@example.com. We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data under the Act and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
(8) In the case of an application for employment with us and/or our clients, if your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your information for a reasonable period in accordance with legal requirements and for administration purposes. We or our business partners may also contact you if other job opportunities which arise in the future.